Our Waiting Child (foster) Adoption is adoption through the United States foster care system. We do not currently have a program with Texas Child Protective Services (CPS) as the families would need to be licensed as foster parents as well.
Information to know about out-of-state foster adoption:
- Most of the children available are over age five and have some special needs.
- Remember that these children were abused and neglected and do not have a real sense of being in a “normal” family.
- It is important for adoptive parents to understand that their adopted child may have needs for ongoing therapy, medication management, and extra support in their school.
- The children available for adoption are all ages up to age 18. Generally the youngest children we are able to identify are over age 4 or 5.
- Many times children will have siblings and the goal is to keep the children together if at all possible.
- We feel that if the family is open in what they will accept, it is easier to be successfully matched.
“This slideshow was created from the postcards sent to Foster Care Alumni of America from current and former foster youth representing their experiences in care.” -FCCANational