Funded by the United States Department of Agriculture and the Health and Human Services Commission, the Child and Adult Care Food Program ensures that children attending family child care homes receive nutritious meals and snacks.
Child care providers can receive extra money by enrolling in the Child and Adult Care Food Program.
- Reimburses family child care home providers when nutritious meals are served to children in care—up to $78 a month for each child in full time attendance.
- Offers nutrition education to assist with menu planning, proper sanitation, and record keeping.
- Provides sample menus or will custom plan menus, if desired.
- Offers workshops and in-home visits conducted by friendly, well-trained staff.
- Provides information about tax benefits for family day home providers.
- Requires no minimum number of children.
What do we offer our providers?
- Customer service
- Friendly, helpful staff
- Toll-free number
- Easy to use menus- hand written menus & menus online
- Sample menus
- Free training
- Free computerized recordkeeping
Participation in the program is not based on financial need but rather on the desire of the family child care home provider to offer nutritious meals to all children.
Please contact us if you are a family child care provider and you would like more information about the Child and Adult Care Food Program.