Crystal Angel’s Embryo Adoption Program
CCI provides the following services:
- Prepares or reviews the adoptive families home study,
- Conducts genetic parent and adoptive parent intake, screening and counseling,
- Provides telephone and email consultations for genetic and adoptive parents,
- Makes genetic and adoptive parent counseling referrals, if requested,
- Performs genetic and adoptive parent matching,
- Assists the genetic parents in selecting adoptive parents,
- Assists the adoptive parents in selecting genetic parents,
- Reviews the embryo adoption placement and relinquishment agreement,
- Obtains the genetic parent’s and adoptive parent’s signatures on agreements,
- Facilitates obtaining consent and release forms required by the adoptive and genetic parent’s clinics prior to transporting the embryos,
- Coordinates shipping the embryos from the genetic parent’s clinic to the adopting parents clinic,
- Provides post-adoption support and supervision for the adoptive parents,
- Provides post-adoption support for genetic parents,
- Prepares court reports, as needed.
RISKS AND UNKNOWN FACTORS
Because Texas has no legal framework regulating the adoption of frozen embryos, CCI’s Embryo Adoption Program has instituted a process that is in keeping with the process found in traditional adoption. In order to maximize the chance of success if the adoption were to be contested, the same safeguards and procedures that exist and are accepted in traditional adoption are also in effect and followed in this program.
We make every effort in good faith to ensure a successful embryo adoption for all adoptive parents. However, CCI cannot make any guarantees about the outcome of a frozen embryo adoption.