Children’s Connections is a licensed child-placing adoption agency in Texas. We work with birth parents, genetic embryo donors and adoptive parents. We conduct embryo, child, and infant adoption that best meet the needs of all individuals involved. Children's Connections also completes adoption home studies across the state of Texas. Adopting families come to us from across the United States, not just Texas. We believe that adoption should be available to all who are willing and capable of providing a child with a loving, nurturing home. Our fees are all inclusive and budget friendly.
Children’s Connections Inc. wants to help you be successful in bringing your child home along with being a part of your adoption journey. We provide free adoption consultations that help you assess your needs, develop an action plan for your adoption, and assist you in implementing your plan. You only pay for the specific services that are provided to you - home studies, post adoption services, child placement and birth parent counseling services.
We are available at every step of the way to answer questions, provide you with resources and referrals, and to further educate you about adoption issues. Children's Connections will be with you even after your child is home. Think of us as your personal tour guide on your embryo, child, and infant adoption journey.
Children’s Connections, Inc. (CCI) is a licensed child-placing agency through the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services.
Through our Infant and Child Adoption Programs, Children's Connections:
- Places children ages from newborn to 17 years old. Our largest emphasis is on children less than one year of age.
- Provides services to all types of adoptive families living both in and out of Texas.
- Works with all levels of openness in adoption (Closed, Semi-open, and Open).
- Assists families who have, or have not, identified a birth mother and child.
- Has knowledgeable and experienced staff familiar with all facets of the domestic adoption process.
- Work with adopting families from 49 of the 50 states. (Sorry New Yorkers, we are unable to serve you)
As a full-service child adoption agency through the State of Texas, Children's Connections is able to:
- Guide adoptive families through every phase of the adoption process through the support of our staff.
- Provide ongoing education and training on parenting and adoption-related issues.
- Conduct your home study from start to finish, including post placement supervision and visits (Texas Only).
- Facilitate the matching process and openness agreement between adoptive and birth families.
- Complete the legal work associated with a domestic adoptive placement and interstate state pacts.
- Offer information, resources, referrals and support during the adoption process and beyond.
Services Provided to Adoptive Parents
Children’s Connections, Inc. (CCI) is dedicated to improving the quality of life for children in home, child care & community settings by providing support services to children, parents & other caregivers. In our Connecting Hearts domestic adoption program, we place children from birth to age seventeen, with an emphasis on placements for children under one year of age. CCI places children of either gender as well as children with & without special medical or emotional needs.
We are able to provide adoptive parents complete adoption services in domestic adoptions. In our program, you will receive the following services:
- Inclusive agency fee
- Counseling referrals as requested
- Adoption processing
- Home study services
- Case management services
- Matching services
- Post-adoption support and supervision for adoptive families
Open, Closed, and Everywhere In-between Adoptions
This must be one of the biggest questions we hear on a day-to-day basis. We have created a page specifically to cover aspects of this very important decision. Please click the Open vs. Closed Adoption picture below.
Our Home Study Philosophy
We look forward to meeting your family and seeing the home your new child will live in. Home studies are conducted for all adoptive parents, regardless of the type of adoption.
- Domestic infant or child
- Foster care
- Grandparent or relative
The purpose of the home study is to document your background, home life and obtain information pertaining to:
- Employment history
- Residence history
- Personal references
- Medical information
- Veterinary documents including pet training certificates and vaccination records
- Criminal history and child abuse history records
- Divorce or death decrees
- Diplomas or transcripts
- A detailed list will be provided to you at the start of your home study
It is very natural to be nervous about home visits! Rather than seeking to “inspect” you and your home, Children’s Connections Adoption Specialists are there to help you think through the process of adding a child to your household. You are not expected to have “all the answers”, but you should be willing to discuss possible alternatives for behavior expectations, rules, discipline and guidance.
Adoption Specialists need to see if the child you plan to adopt will be entering into a safe and healthy environment and whether you have thought through how you will accommodate the addition of another member to your family. You do not need to clean your home from top to bottom! A certain level of cleanliness is expected, but “lived in” family clutter that shows you have an ordinary household is expected. No one is expected to have a “picture perfect” home since it is unrealistic to expect a child could live in such an environment. We will help identify ways to “child proof” your home to make it ready for the active young life that will soon be living there. We are glad to be on your team to help bring your child home!
And work continues after your home study is completed…
At Children's Connections, we believe strongly in adoptions and providing you with continued support after your adoption is completed. This is provided at no cost after we have conducted your home study. This support includes unlimited telephone consultations with your Adoption Coordinator who can assist you with adjustment and parenting issues, and parenting resources. These free support services are provided to your family for as long as you desire.
What are adoptive scams and how can adoptive parents recognize them and protect themselves?
What can adoptive parents do to make sure that they are also being upfront and honest with expectant parents? Host Dawn Davenport, Executive Director of Creating a Family, the national adoption & foster care education and support nonprofit, interviews Deborah Phillips, CEO of Children’s Connection, Inc and Eric Freeby, an adoption attorney with Brown Pruitt who has been practicing adoption law for over a decade.
Adoptive Families - One of our favorite partners and resources for adoption and adoption networking sites. Click Here
Creating a Family - Creating a Family is the national infertility, adoption, & foster care education and support nonprofit. Click Here