Children's Connections (CCI) provides Day Care participants nutrition education and support. As a USDA Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) sponsor, we encourage licensed and registered in-home child care providers to serve nutritious meals to the children in their care. CCI provides USDA funds to child care providers to create a healthy child nutrition program. Child care providers who participate in this program receive a monthly reimbursement for the number of meals served.
- Attendance and meals are recorded each week.
- You will be supplied with easy-to-use handwritten menus. These will help guide you on what is necessary for the required meal patterns.
- You can also choose to log your menus online using kidkare.com. The online portal is easy to use for menu logging.
Calls to Providers About Serious Mistakes on Menus
- Menus are reviewed monthly. When we see an issue, we will call you if the error will cost you over $10 on your reimbursement.
- We give you the option to correct the mistake whenever possible.
Friendly, Flexible Staff
- Our staff is committed to making this process as easy as possible. If at any point during your menu reporting you need assistance, we are happy to walk you through the process until you are comfortable.
- Do not look at monitoring as an opportunity to catch you doing something wrong. Take comfort in knowing we are here to help.
Nutrition education that is easy to obtain
- We offer nutrition education opportunities in on-site workshops, tele-seminars and webinars.
- Plus, receive training credit necessary for licensing!
Please think of us as part of your team. We want you to succeed, reduce your costs, and provide healthy and delicious meals for the children under your care. Children's Connections has been helping child care providers since 1987. This service is free to participate in, plus you will receive funds to reimburse your menu costs. Please call or email us for more information. Contact us Here