Even if you have not reported the crime, or the crime occurred years ago, our crime victim assistance service is for you! We work with adult victims who are survivors of stranger and non-stranger sexual assault who are pregnant or parenting a child under 3 years of age. We also work with adult victims of family violence, assault, child abuse, DUI/DWI, hate/bias crimes, human trafficking, physical abuse and/or neglect, robbery, survivors of homicide victims, and other adult victims of crime who are pregnant or parenting a young child. There is never a charge for our services.
Our Crime Victim Assistance program can help you with the following services:
- Crisis intervention for immediate support
- Crisis counseling available by phone
- Peer support services in person and by phone
- Information and referral to services and resources that assist in your healing process
- Help with making appointments to connect you with local support and services in your area
- Referrals to counseling services
- Help locating qualified pro bono counselors and those funded by Medicaid when needed
- Learn your rights as a victim of crime, including stranger and non-stranger sexual assault
- Provide referrals to legal services and seek pro bono attorneys when needed
- Connections to appropriate referral resources
- Accompaniment to hospitals, law enforcement offices, prosecutors’ offices and courts
- Assistance with emergency funds for lodging, transportation, and other victim-related needs
- Counseling to deal with feelings about pregnancy
- Support throughout your pregnancy and until your child turns 3 years of age
- Counseling to deal with feelings about pregnancy
- Help exploring your options and deciding your next steps, whether it be parenting or adoption
- Help handling the stress of parenting while you heal from sexual assault or other crimes
- Follow-up support and help you monitor progress
- Assistance in accessing Crime Victims Compensation, in person and by phone
- Assistance in registering with Texas Statewide Automated Victims Notification System (SAVNS), in person and by phone
- Advocacy on your behalf with others such as schools, employers, health care, law enforcement, landlords, and prosecutors
You may contact our crisis hotline 24/7!
If you are in Texas, pregnant or parenting a child under age 3, and are a victim of stranger or non-stranger sexual assault, you will immediately receive these services upon your request:
- Crisis intervention services
- Accompaniment for a sexual assault medical forensic exam and/or
- Advocacy with third parties on your behalf
To request these immediate crime victims assistance services, call our crisis hotline 800-456-4862 24/7, or stop by our office location during regular business hours.
Regardless of where you live in Texas, we have trained staff and volunteers in all regions of Texas and there’s sure to be one near you! We conduct home visits and meet at other locations throughout the state. Just call and one of our Family Specialists will be happy to come visit you in any safe location (your home, a nearby restaurant or store, a library or court house, etc.). If you aren’t in a safe location, we will request law enforcement assistance for you immediately.
Email Us at Info@ChildrensConnections.org
We respond to emails during regular business hours, 9:00-5:00, Monday-Friday, excluding holidays.
We’re available by text at 214-226.8330. Texts are answered during daytime hours, 7 days a week, including holidays.
Call our Crisis Hotline: 800-456-4862. If you’re experiencing a crisis pregnancy, we’re available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, year round! We’re also available if you’re pregnant or parenting a child under 3 and are an adult survivor of sexual assault. For survivors, a Family Specialist or local volunteer can provide immediate crisis intervention services, accompaniment for a sexual assault medical forensic exam, and/or advocacy on your behalf immediately upon request.
You may also reach us at our local numbers:
Corpus Christi 361.944.0071
Eagle Pass 830.513.6633
El Paso 915.309.7551
Fort Worth 817.343.7310
San Angelo 325.716.3349
San Antonio 210.452.9773
San Marcos 512.757.7608
Wichita Falls 940.613.7303
We're all over Texas, with trained staff and volunteers near you!
If you’re in Lubbock, stop by to visit us at our office during regular business hours, 9:00-5:00, Monday-Friday, excluding holidays, 2514 82nd Street, Suite G, Lubbock, TX where you can talk to us face-to-face. If you’re pregnant or parenting a child under 3 and are an adult victim of stranger or non-stranger sexual assault, you will receive crisis intervention services, accompaniment for sexual assault medical forensic exam, and advocacy on your behalf immediately upon request.
Children's Connections provides public education on sexual assault related topics and available crime victim assistance. Contact us to arrange a talk, conference call, webinar, workshops or speaking engagement. We’re happy to participate in your health or resource fair or provide articles for your newsletters. We also provide printed educational materials on related topics. click here
Possible topics include:
- General information about sexual assault and services available to victims
- Working effectively with victims of crime
- Community responses to sexual assault
- Dynamics of sexual violence, its causes
- Consequences of sexual assault and services available for victims
- Reducing the risk of becoming a victim of sexual violence
- Decreasing risk factors of first-time perpetration of sexual violence
- Crime victims’ rights