Crystal Angels Embryo Donation
Children’s Connections Embryo Donation Program, known as “Crystal Angels,” is a multi-faceted program. Crystal Angels consists of all necessary elements of embryo donation and receivership. This program is sometimes referred to as embryo adoption with other groups. CCI works extensively with both genetic and receiving parents, each who gives a priceless gift to the other.Embryo donation is a lifelong gift to everyone involved!
Give the gift of life to your stored embryos!
Give the gift of parenthood to another family!
If you have finished building your family through in-vitro fertilization or have decided you will not pursue another pregnancy, what will you do with your unused embryos that remain frozen? Have you thought about embryo donation to another family in need?
You have options:
- Donate your embryos to research where they will eventually be destroyed
- Destroy your embryos
- Donate your embryos anonymously with no knowledge of their outcome
- Leave them frozen, which in time will destroy your embryos
- Donate your embryos to a needy family that in turn will help their family grow, maintaining contact or not, as desired. That’s where we come in!
Through CCI’s embryo program, Crystal Angels, you place your embryos for donation, select the receiving parent(s), and give another family the opportunity to receive the wonderful gift of parenthood!
Embryo donation benefits everyone involved!
- Fertilized embryos have an opportunity to become healthy babies
- Another family has the opportunity to experience the excitement and anticipation of pregnancy and childbirth
- You may stay in touch with any children born from your stored embryos, if desired
Crystal Angels Donor Program will provide all necessary elements of embryo donation.
- Conduct donor and recipient intake, screening and counseling
- Conduct, or review, home studies and complete background checks for recipient family
- Provide phone and email consultations for donors and recipient(s)
- Make counseling referrals for donor and recipient(s), if requested
- Perform donor and recipient matching, assisting both parties in selecting a family
- Review the embryo placement and relinquishment agreement and obtain signatures from all parties
- Facilitate consent and release forms required by clinics prior to transporting the embryos
- Coordinate of shipping the embryos from the donor parents’ clinic to the recipients’ clinic
- Provide post-donation support for you
Level of Contact between Donor and Recipients
One of the most common question, from from both donor and recipient families, is about what type of contact you will have with your matched donor family. Most people enter with fear and misunderstanding about what open relationships mean. Embryo donors do not want to co-parent, but instead are seeking parents for the frozen embryos. Having an open relationship with embryo donors means keeping communication channels open between both your children and their own. Children’s Connections staff will work with you and educate you about your choices. We will help you make the decision that is best for you and your growing family.
Contact between the donors and recipients is on a continuum ranging from no contact very open contact. Most of our embryo relationships fall in the range of semi-open, where letters and pictures are shared on a consistent basis throughout the years.
Crystal Angels Embryo Donation Steps
- Inquiry – You will receive detailed information about the program from a Crystal Angels program specialist.
- Entry into the program – Submit your Service Initiation Agreement with initial payment of the agency fee to begin the home study process. If you live outside of Texas we help you find a reputable home study provider (Cost will be your responsibility).
- Orientation – You will have an in-depth discussion with the Crystal Angels Program Coordinator about the next steps in the process.
- Home Study – You will turn in all necessary paperwork needed and a home study professional will visit your home.
- Complete Profiles and Letters – You will complete a photo book with your pictures and a letter about yourselve(s) to share with donor parents during the matching phase. We will review your book and help provide suggestions too.
- Photo Book Presented to Donors – Your profile book is presented to donors that are a good match based on mutual desires.
- Match with Donors Parents – A match occurs when donors and you agree to proceed with matching with each other.
- Embryo Transfer – Once a match has been made we will facilitate the execution of legal documents. Once all formal documents are signed, the legal rights to the embryos are transferred.
- Clinic Communication – We will work with both the donor’s clinic and your to arrange for the embryos to be shipped to the clinic of your choice.
- Post-Embryo Transfer Support – You will maintain contact with the agency, informing Children’s Connections about your embryo transfers, the results of transfers, and the birth of your child(ren) resulting from those transfers. We want to celebrate with you, along with keeping everyone informed of your progress.
Frequently Asked Questions:What other options are available besides donating our embryos to another family?
- Genetic parents may choose to keep the embryos frozen indefinitely, donate the embryos for stem cell research, or outright destroy them (all choices in time will end with the destruction of your embryos).
- Embryo donors may donate to a clinic for placement with an individual or couple with no knowledge about the individual or couple and no information about children born to them.
Embryo donors set any restrictions or criteria for the potential receiving family. All families who receive embryos will go through full home studies and background checks.What is openness like in the program?
Openness in the process is defined as contact between the genetic parents and the receiving parents and is on a continuum ranging from closed to open relationships. Most of our embryo relationships fall in the range of semi-open, where letters and pictures are shared on a consistent basis throughout the years. The amount of openness desired is up to each family.What are the benefits of donating my embryos?
There is emotional reassurance to genetic parents, to know that the embryos, which they cherish, will have a chance at life in a loving home. There is also immeasurable contentment in knowing they have enriched the life of a receiving couple, giving them the opportunity they seek of becoming parents. Also, cryopreservation can be a costly expense. Donating embryos can spare genetic parents that ongoing expense.
Please contact us to learn more how you can donate your frozen embryos.
Children’s Connections is a licensed child-placing agency in Texas. We work with birth parents, genetic embryo donors and receiving parents. We conduct embryo, infant, and child adoption that best meet the needs of all individuals involved. Contact us here