Unplanned Pregnancy Birth Fathers

Unplanned Pregnancy Support for Fathers

Does someone think you may be the father of an unborn child?

Is your girlfriend pregnant with an unplanned pregnancy and now you are not sure what to do as a birth father? We understand how scary this can be and we are here to help guide you through it all.

Unplanned Pregnancy Birth Father

Do you know the law?

  • You may be court ordered to pay child support even if you are not named on the birth certificate.
  • If you are married but separated, you’re still legally and financially responsible for any children born to your wife. Even if you are not the biological father.
  • You will have a legal and financial connection to the child’s mother for 18 years. Even if you are not married and no longer want a relationship.
  • You cannot terminate your parental rights unless the child’s mother agrees.
  • If you are asked by the mother to terminate your parental rights, it is 100% your decision, even if you are under 18

What Can You Do?

  • Be supportive of the pregnant mom. She is experiencing physical changes and is likely feeling stressed.
  • If you feel prepared, make plans to parent with the baby’s mother.
  • Consider if you feel prepared to parent. Think about your goals, finances, time, parenting knowledge, feelings and responsibilities.
  • If you feel you are not ready to parent, consider adoption as an option and discuss this with the mom-to-be.
  • If the expectant mom has ever been a victim of crime or has health risks, call us and we can help.
  • Work with us to make an adoption plan and select your own adoptive parents and level of contact, if desired.
  • If you are unsure if you want to parent, call us for assistance in making this important decision.

Children’s Connections will treat you with respect and answer your questions. We’re here to help you with consultations on adopting, provide you with decision-making tools, and provide financial assistance for the pregnant mother making an adoption plan. We are here to help guide you through your unplanned pregnancy as the birth father. contact us

Call Now: 800-456-4862
Available 24/7 for crisis pregnancy or sexual
survivors, pregnant or parenting children under 3